By Bill Korach www.thereportcard.org
The Clay County School District and The Report Card are proud to present “Dare to Think” Conference on November 4th and 5th on restoring history and civics to its proper place in education. Learn how American exceptionalism and pride in America’s heritage of liberty are being returned to the classroom. The conference will take place at the Thrasher-Horne Center in Orange Park, FL.
Attendees will learn how public and charter schools will
- Instill an appreciation of American Exceptionalism and the American dream
- Learn how the study of history and writing skills enhance overall school performance
- Drive an understanding of America’s place in the world
- Develops excellent reading and writing skills
- Offers business attendees an opportunity to participate in promoting an appreciation of the free markets and learn about proven charter schools, Great Hearts Academies
- Offer a clear timetable and methodology for implementation
- Demonstrate that knowledge of history and civics is essential to our common future
Speakers are Nationally Renown
Dr. Peter Wood, President National Association of Scholars
Paul Horton History Department, University of Chicago Laboratory School
Mr. Will Fitzhugh, Publisher of the Concord Review
Dr. Armand Alacby, Director of Trustee Programs, American Conference of Trustees and Alumni
Dr. Daniel Scoggin, Chief Executive Officer, Great Hearts Schools, Phoenix, AZ
Rev. Marty McCarthy, President of Cornerstone Educational Foundation will conduct a panel discussion on America’s Founding Values: “To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.” Theodore Roosevelt
We are pleased to present our special dinner speaker former President James Monroe who will address the audience and take questions.
If you care about America’s Heritage in school, don’t miss this conference. Tickets are $125 and include 5 meals and dinner entertainment.